What Work is Taking Place?
In order to minimize disruption to GO passengers, crews will be performing a 74.5 hour weekend blitz to construct the south underpass beneath the GO Rail tracks south west of the Don Montgomery Community Centre. Work includes the removal of track to perform excavation, shoring, backfilling, and placement of the new pedestrian underpass. Tracks will be reinstalled upon completion of the work.
GO services on the Stouffville Line will be temporarily suspended for the duration of the work. GO service will recommence on Monday, April 2, 2018.
- Work will begin as soon as Thursday, March 29, 2018 at 11:30 PM. Work will be continuous until Monday, April 2, 2018 at 12:30 AM for a total of 74.5 consecutive hours.
- This is a 24/7 operation for the duration of the initiative.
- Work may be rescheduled due to weather conditions or unforeseen circumstances.
What to Expect
- 74.5 Hours of continuous work beginning at 11:30 PM on Thursday March 29th, until 12:30 AM on Monday, April 2, 2018.
- GO service will be temporarily suspended for the duration of the work.
- Noise & vibrations may be heard and felt in the buildings surrounding the construction zone.
- Noise from saw cutting, excavation, hydrovac trucks and construction equipment can be expected.
- For safety, fencing, dust cloth, barriers and scaffolding may be erected around work zones.
Traffic and Pedestrian Details
- The work will be performed within a secure work zone. There should not be impacts to traffic or pedestrians from this work.
- As always, please take care when travelling near work sites.
TTC and GO Transit Impacts
- There should be no impact to TTC services from this work.
- An agreement is in place to temporarily suspend GO service during the construction period.
Sign up for e-mail updates at http://www.thecrosstown.ca/sign-up or download the aCrosstown traffic app to get real-time traffic and transit information for the Eglinton corridor.