Three-day event will promote diversity, inclusion and Toronto’s world class innovation ecosystem
TORONTO, Sept. 8, 2017 /CNW/ – Media are invited to join representatives from Toronto’s startup and corporate innovator communities for a three-day festival called Elevate Toronto that will showcase Toronto’s thriving tech ecosystem while promoting Toronto internationally as a world class destination for innovation, startups, talent and investment.
Toronto is already recognized for its leadership in Artificial Intelligence, FinTech, Blockchain, and other areas of emerging technology, which will dramatically alter how we work and communicate. During the conference portion of Elevate Toronto, experts from these fields and others will give keynote addresses including – Vinod Kholsa, Amanda Crew, Julie Hanna, Raquel Urtasun and Michael Hyatt.
Media and bloggers are encouraged to contact Lauren Orlando (firstname.lastname@example.org) to register and receive a media pass for the full three days of activities. Please visit Elevate Toronto for more information about specific keynotes, panel discussions, and other sessions, and contact Erica Pearson (email@example.com) to request interviews with speakers – availability may be limited.
ELEVATE TORONTO SCHEDULE
Day one: day event
- Date and time: September 12, 2017 – 10:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Location: Sony Centre for Performing Arts, 1 Front Street East
- Topic: keynotes, inspirational talks and networking followed by the Elevate Celebrate opening party
Day two: day event
- Date and time: September 13, 2017 – 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Location: Various locations – please visit Elevate Toronto
- Topics: Elevate Work, Elevate AI, Elevate Health, Elevate FinTech & Blockchain, Elevate Design, Elevate Lean Innovation, Elevate Growth, Elevate AR/VR
Day two: evening event – Elevate Disrupt Together
- Date and time: September 13, 2017 – 5:00 to 7:30 p.m.
- Location: CIBC Live Lounge, 101 College St
- Description: Join us in celebrating innovative partnerships which are quickly disrupting the Toronto landscape with remarks from Provincial Economic Development Minister Brad Duguid, refreshments and networking.
Day two: evening event – King West Social
- Date and time: September 13, 2017 – 8:00 to 11:30 p.m.
- Location: 545 King Street West
- Description: Join some of the city’s most innovative companies and startups as they take over King Street West for an epic street festival.
Day three: day event – NewCo Toronto
- Date and time: September 14, 2017 – 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Location: Various locations – please visit NewCo Toronto
- Description: Attendees will be able to learn first hand about innovative companies throughout the city from their leaders and CEOs right inside their offices.
Day three: evening event – Timmy Awards
- Date and time: September 14, 2017 – 6:00 – 11:00 p.m.
- Location: Telus House, 25 York Street
- Description: The Timmy Awards were created by Tech in Motion, an international event series whose mission is to bring local tech communities together to meet, learn, and innovate.
Day three: evening event – The Spotlight Awards
- Date and time: September 14, 2017 – 7:30 – 11:00 p.m.
- Location: Four Seasons, 60 Yorkville Avenue
- Topics: The Spotlight Awards are where tech founders, investors, influencers & ecosystem-builders will come together to honour the milestones of Canadian tech companies and to inspire the next generation of entrepreneurs.
About Elevate Toronto:
Elevate Toronto is a collaboration between 17 technology organizations which came together to create a three day festival. It aims to be a world-class innovation festival where the globe comes to Toronto to discover, connect, and be inspired by the individuals shaping what’s next. Elevate Toronto is a non-profit organization led by TechToronto, MaRS Discovery District, #movethedial, OneEleven, Cossette Communications and the Spotlight Awards, in partnership with the City of Toronto.
SOURCE Elevate Toronto