AUBURN HILLS, Mich., May 12, 2022 /PRNewswire/ —
- 2022 Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid corrals multiple awards, including a sixth consecutive Family Vehicle of Texas honor and the Green Vehicle of Texas award at the Texas Automotive Writers Association (TAWA) Auto Roundup
- Pacifica also repeats with win in the TAWA Auto Roundup Best Minivan category
- 2022 Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid earns Best Interior and Best Feature awards — Pinnacle model is loaded with premium features, including Nappa leather seats, second-row captain’s chairs with removable comfort pillows and new Amazon Fire TV feature for the Uconnect Theater system
- Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid offers an all-electric range of more than 30 miles, more than 80 miles per gallon equivalent (MPGe) and a total range of more than 500 miles
- Chrysler Pacifica, the most awarded minivan over the last six years, has earned more than 170 honors and industry accolades
The 2022 Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid claimed multiple victories at the Texas Automotive Writers Association (TAWA) Auto Roundup, held April 25-26 at Texas Motor Speedway in Fort Worth, earning prestigious Family Vehicle of Texas honors for the sixth consecutive year, as well winning the Green Vehicle of Texas award.
Pacifica is the most awarded minivan over the last six years, and has compiled more than 170 honors since its introduction as a minivan, including a TOP SAFETY PICK+ rating from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) for the 2022 Chrysler Pacifica.
“We are proud to celebrate an amazing sixth consecutive award as Family Vehicle of Texas for the Chrysler Pacifica, as well as honors for the Pacifica Hybrid as the Green Vehicle of Texas,” said Chris Feuell, Chrysler brand CEO – Stellantis. “The Texas Automotive Writers Association is one of the most respected automotive press organizations, which makes the group’s recognition of the Pacifica at the recent TAWA Auto Roundup especially significant.”
“Congratulations to Chrysler brand for earning multiple honors at the 2022 TAWA Auto Roundup,” said Teia Collier, president of TAWA. “Competition was fierce in the minivan segment, with Chrysler Pacifica maintaining its win streak as overall Family Vehicle of Texas, as well collecting awards in a variety of categories, including Best Minivan.”
In addition to the Family Vehicle of Texas honor, the Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid was recognized as the Green Vehicle of Texas. The Pacifica Hybrid, the first and still the only plug-in hybrid in the segment, offers an all-electric range of more than 30 miles, more than 80 miles per gallon equivalent (MPGe) and a total range of more than 500 miles. The Pacifica Hybrid also qualifies for an eligible $7,500 federal tax credit, as well as any available state and local tax credits.
The 2022 Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid also corralled Best Minivan, Best Interior and Best Feature awards. The Pacifica Hybrid Pinnacle model offers the most luxurious interior in its class and is loaded with premium appointments and features, including Caramel Nappa leather seats with quilted seat side bolsters and perforated seat inserts/seat backs on all three rows, second-row captain’s chairs with a unique set of two movable lumbar comfort pillows and a large console area with dual-level storage.
New Pacifica interior features for 2022 include Amazon Fire TV, which allows passengers to stream videos, play games, listen to music, get information and watch downloaded programs on the Uconnect Theater system, as well as a new rear seat reminder feature that recognizes when rear doors are opened and closed prior to ignition start, and alerts the driver with a chime and cluster message after trip completion to check the rear seats.