Organizations are planning their activities and programs for North American Occupational Health and Safety (NAOSH) Week that runs from May 7 to 13. As part of their NAOSH program, the Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety (CCOHS) will be hosting a free, live webinar that provides a practical approach to addressing mental health in the workplace.
Live Webinar – Steps to a Mentally Healthy Workplace
Thursday, May 11, 2017, 1:00 p.m. – 1:45 p.m. EDT
Mental health is recognized as an integral part of a healthy workplace. Supportive workplaces promote the total health and well-being of their employees and offer protection from psychological harm. Changing the culture, especially to a culture of caring that embeds all forms of health in all aspects of the workplace, takes effort and time. This webinar will provide participants with an overview of the tools and resources an organization needs to create and implement a comprehensive healthy workplace program.
A recorded session of the webinar will be made available after the live event, and can be watched on-demand. More information on how to register is available on the CCOHS website.
- CCOHS has a variety of free podcasts and webinars available on its website to help inspire organizations and provide them with tools to create their own safety week program.
- NAOSH Week strives to focus attention on the importance of preventing injury and illness in the workplace, at home and in the community.
- CCOHS will be attending the national launch of NAOSH Week, along with other health and safety partners, on Monday May 8, 2017 in Ottawa, Ontario.
- May 2017 marks the twentieth anniversary of NAOSH Week.
- NAOSH Week is an annual initiative led by the Canadian Society of Safety Engineering (CSSE) in partnership with the Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety (CCOHS), Threads of Life, Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC), and the American Society of Safety Engineers (ASSE).
- The NAOSH Week website, www.naosh.org, offers resources and ideas for activities and events to celebrate, as well as a listing of events being held across the country.
Leave a Reply