The City of Mississauga is thrilled to announce the distinguished jury for the 2023 Mississauga Urban Design Awards. This year’s ceremony and celebration takes place on September 21, 2023.
“Each year, the Mississauga Urban Design Awards jury has the privilege of reviewing all the nominations, which demonstrate design excellence in Mississauga; this year, they have got their work cut out for them with a large number of transformative projects to review,” said Sharon Mittmann, Manager, Urban Design, Planning and Building Department. “Jury members are recommended by City staff and invited to participate based on experience and expertise in their field. They’ll spend the next few months evaluating the submissions to make some hard decisions about which ones will receive an award.”
2023 Mississauga Urban Design Awards Jurors:
- Caroline Kim, Senior Associate, Bousfields Inc.
- Jane Welsh, Project Manager, Environment, City of Toronto
- Lesley Pavan, Senior Consultant, Perry Group Consulting
- Martin Reid, City Councillor, Ward 9, City of Mississauga
- Nicholas Brandon, Associate Medical Officer of Health, Peel Public Health
- Tara Marchelewicz, Architectural Designer at DUBBELDAM Inc. Architecture + Design, Toronto
This year’s program received 24 submissions. The jury will be tasked with selecting the winners from an impressive list of nominations. Awards and judging criteria are available online.
Coming soon: People’s Choice Award
Not on the jury, but want to help recognize the contributions of the urban design community? The Mississauga Urban Design Awards also includes a People’s Choice Award, which is given to the project that receives the most public support through online voting.
Stay tuned over the next couple of months for more details on how you can participate!
SOURCE City of Mississauga
Leave a Reply