TORONTO, Aug. 17, 2022 /CNW/ – In honour of National Men’s Grooming Day on August 19th, Dollar Shave Club commissioned a national survey asking Canadians to throw open the bathroom door and disclose their personal shaving habits, including which private body parts they shave, how they prepare for dates and whether they borrow their romantic partners’ blades without asking permission.
The survey demonstrated that overall, Canadians feel more confident after shaving and that 53 per cent say they’re more likely to shave below the belt before a date if they think they may get lucky. But almost a quarter admit to having declined to shave below the belt before a date to avoid making a decision they may later regret.
Does the couple that shaves together stay together? The survey unearthed women are more likely than men to be upset if they found out their partner was using their razor (44 percent of women vs. 38 percent of men), but they are also more likely to have used their partner’s razor without asking permission first (32 percent of women vs. 20 percent of men). For their part, nearly 3 in 10 men have used a partner’s razor to groom, with the most popular body parts being face (19 per cent), balls (10 per cent) and neck (7 per cent).
A suggestion for sensitive areas of the body: Dollar Shave Club’s 6 Blade Razor features a flexible head and a built-in trimmer blade edge, helping reach those hard-to-reach places.
“Dollar Shave Club razors are made to help people look good and feel good, with the health of both skin and hair in mind,” said Rohan Patel, Senior Director of Brand Management, Dollar Shave Club. “While we pride ourselves on offering razors for all types of people, we don’t recommend sharing them – that’s why we offer 4 and 6 Blade Refills, to make sure you’re covered for any shave, anytime!”
- Over 1 in 4 Canadian men use the same razor to shave their face and pubic hair.
- 26 per cent of women are so confident about shaving their bikini area that they can do it with their eyes closed. That said, 51 per cent of them have nicked their bikini line while shaving.
- 71 per cent of men have nicked their face while shaving while 44 per cent have nicked their balls while shaving.
- 1 in 5 men have had a partner say it would be a dealbreaker if they grew a beard.
- 59 per cent of women have had a partner who didn’t clean the sink after shaving.
- Men are more likely than women to say the thought of getting waxed is scarier than nicking themselves when shaving (51 per cent of men vs. 42 per cent of women).
Dollar Shave Club products are exclusively available in Canada at Walmart and Walmart.ca.
SOURCE Dollar Shave Club