TORONTO, Dec. 16, 2022 /CNW/ – Passengers embarking on GO’s Lakeshore West train Friday night quickly realized
it wasn’t an average ride. In a larger-than-life extension of The Bay’s partnership with the Toronto Raptors and just weeks following the drop of Collection ||, the retailer’s second apparel collaboration with the team, a full GO train car transformed into an immersive fan ‘pre-party’ experience. Delivering surprise and delight beginning at Clarkson Station in Mississauga through to Union Station, fans were treated to swag and gift card giveaways while riding with a live DJ and an on-train hoops competition with prizes including tickets to a Raptors home game. To cap the ride off in ultimate superfan style, Raptors Superfan Nav Bhatia kept the ‘party’ going through to Scotiabank Arena, leading a parade of game-ready fans through Union Station to Jurassic Park in time for game tip-off.
Activities onboard included:
- Clarkson Station: The evening’s host, Jedson Tavernier, greeted guests and announced they were now onboard the most exciting Toronto Raptors pre-party. Several lucky fans were surprised with snacks and free swag from The Bay.
- Port Credit Station: A trivia game for participants to win up to $200 in The Bay gift cards.
- Long Branch and Mimco Station: Fans partook in a mini basketball game on the train for a chance to win a piece from Collection ||, a $200 The Bay gift card and tickets to the Raptors’ Sunday home game.
- Exhibition Station: Surprise! Superfan Nav Bhatia boarded the train, surprising fans and inviting them to participate in a rapid-fire trivia game to win tickets to Raptors’ home game on Sunday, a piece from Collection || and a $200 The Bay gift card.
- Union Station: A parade from the Union Station platform through to Jurassic Park (Scotiabank Arena) was led by Superfan Nav Bhatia, Jedson Tavernier, and other special guests.
Once game-goers entered Scotiabank Arena, they were able to shop The Bay x Toronto Raptors Collection || in a dynamic pop-up store—all part of The Bay’s Scotiabank Arena ‘takeover’ which also included branded billboards, giveaways and more.
Missed tonight’s takeover? Not to worry. Passengers can ride in The Bay’s wrapped GO train through December 26 and shop Collection || now on TheBay.com.
SOURCE The Bay
Leave a Reply