What Work is Taking Place?
As part of ongoing preparatory works, crews will begin the process of removing street furniture across the Eglinton Avenue East corridor between Brentcliffe Road and Midland Avenue.
Placement of street furniture is coordinated with the City of Toronto Street Furniture division. Street furniture includes newspaper boxes, concrete planters, public message centres, garbage bins, bus shelters, benches, etc.
The redevelopment of the Eglinton Avenue streetscape is part of the scope of the Eglinton Crosstown LRT project for construction areas.
Existing street furniture must be removed before construction begins in order to protect the furniture and allow construction to occur safely.
Street furniture will be stored for the construction period and then reinstalled to the City standard once the project is complete.
What to Expect
- Work will be conducted within sidewalks and boulevards along Eglinton Avenue East.
- Short term lane closures and pedestrian detours may be necessary around each street furniture location.
- As always, please take care when travelling near work sites.
- Beginning as early as May 2017, then periodically throughout spring and summer 2017.
- Work may occur between 7:00 a.m. and 11:00 p.m. seven days a week.
- Work may be rescheduled due to weather conditions or unforeseen circumstances.