|Work progresses at both the main and secondary entrances as deep excavation continues. Work continue to take place in the vicinity of Eglinton Avenue East and Laird Drive, with additional traffic impacts to be expected. These works include:
- Long Term Eglinton Sidewalk Closure: As soon as May 15 the second part of the long-term set-up will begin and remain for the duration of the work into 2020. These impacts include:
- The sidewalk on the south side of Eglinton Avenue East between Laird Drive and Don Avon Drive will be closed.
- A temporary signalized pedestrian crossing has been installed on Eglinton Avenue East, approximately 50 meters west of Don Avon Drive. Once operational, this will help facilitate pedestrians crossing Eglinton Avenue between Laird Drive and Don Avon Drive.
- Tunnel Concrete Pour: Beginning next week, crews will begin to drill from the right of way surface into the completed TBM tunnel to fill portions of the tunnels with concrete. Over the next approximately eight weeks, a minimum of one through lane in each direction on Eglinton Avenue will be maintained, with dedicated turn lanes where room allows.
- Monitoring Equipment Installations and Readings: Installation of above ground and in-ground monitoring points continue to take place periodically in the vicinity of Eglinton Avenue East and Laird Drive.
- Material and Equipment Deliveries: During the past week there was a number of large equipment and material deliveries to the Main Entrance at Laird Station. These works may continue to take place periodically.
- Dewatering System: Installation of the dewatering system designed for Laird Station continues and currently most installation work is occurring off the roadway. As installation works take place and surface installations are done, short duration pedestrian and traffic impacts are to be expected and will be communicated separately as the work progresses.
- Refresh of line painting around the Laird and Eglinton area was completed this past week.