The Alcatel A50 smartphone offers custom light up notifications, amplified sound, and added battery life, bundled with three included interchangeable SNAPBAKTM covers that easily snap onto the back of your device
TORONTO, Sept. 14, 2017 /CNW/ – Today Alcatel is expanding the launch of Canada’s best smartphone experience bundle with the all-new A50 bundled up with all three SNAPBAK covers, on-sale beginning Friday, September 15 at Videotron. The A50 is the newest smartphone from Alcatel, offering essential features to keep you connected, power at your fingertips with an impressive battery and AndroidTM 7.0 Nougat, plus a unique modular experience with the complete line of Alcatel SNAPBAK covers included, for a value-packed bundle that lets you personalize your phone in a variety of fun and functional ways. The Alcatel A50 officially goes on-sale in-stores and online at Videotron starting on September 15 starting at $19.95 CAD on a two-year term or $240 CAD outright.
“Our customers in Canada have come to expect great value when they purchase an Alcatel smartphone, and with today’s announcement we’re bringing our best experience driven value smartphone and accessory bundle to Quebec with Videotron,” Steve Cistulli, President and General Manager of TCL Communication, North America.
FUN AND FUNCTIONAL – MAKE THE A50 ALL YOUR OWN
The Alcatel A50 is perfect for everyday use, featuring a multitude of ways to customize your overall experience. Make your A50 all your own with the exclusive Color Catcher app that allows you to personalize your device using the camera to capture color elements to create a completely unique phone theme with matching color-coordinated home screen and icons.
The A50 offers a modular experience so you can customize your smartphone how you want it with all three SNAPBAK covers included with the bundle. The LightUp SNAPBAK transforms your phone into an interactive LED light show with visual notifications of incoming calls, messages, e-mails, custom patterns and more.
The Sound SNAPBAK lets you boost the fun of your device with turning your A50 into a portable speaker with two booming 2.5 watt stereo sound speakers with a built-in kickstand amplifying your auditory experience whether you’re listening to music or watching a movie.
Maximize the function of your A50 with the Power SNAPBAK which extends the battery life on A50 adding up to 22 hours of talk time, 80 hours of music playback time, and 10 hours of video playback time with a slim profile of less than a quarter of an inch thick.
A50 KEY FEATURES
- Brilliant 5.2-inch (1280x720p) HD display with a metal back and engraved power key for ease-of-use and extra grip
- Immersive speaker for clear audio when listening to your favorite music or shows
- Long-lasting 2,800mAh for up to 13 hours of talk time
- Android 7.0 Nougat lets you manage how you’re notified like silencing future alerts from within an app, maximize data usage with Data Saver, optimizing battery usage for all-day power and more
- Privacy in public places with Private Mode which lets you choose what apps and photos to hide while in use and Private Unlock keeps your sensitive information safe when sharing your phone
- Efficient Quad-Core processor provides smooth and seamless multi-tasking
- Color Catcher – Detects colors from your surroundings to create your own colorful phone theme, complete with matching home screen and icons
- Add fun or function to your A50 with easy-to-attach SNAPBAK covers (LightUp SNAPBAK, Sound SNAPBAK, Power SNAPBAK)
- 2GB RAM + 16GB storage (with option to add up to 128 GB of microSDTM expandable storage)
- Impressive 8MP rear camera with dual-tone flash and f/2.0 aperture, plus 2MP front camera with LED flash for high quality photo and video
- Create ready to share photos with enhanced photo features with color filters and face beauty
For more information and full product specifications on the A50, please visit Alcatel’s website.
TCL Communication designs, develops and markets a diversified range of mobile devices in more than 160 countries under the Alcatel brand. Currently a top-five smartphone manufacturer in North America, Alcatel branded devices from TCL Communication deliver innovative, feature-rich experiences that make access to today’s mobile technology simple; offering a diverse portfolio of value-packed products equipped with the technology people want most.
TCL Communication is a wholly owned company of TCL Corporation, one of the largest consumer electronics companies in the world. Alcatel is a trademark of Nokia used under license by TCL Communication. For more information on Alcatel mobile devices, please visit Alcatel’s website.