What Work is Taking Place?
Crews will be conducting ongoing preparatory work that requires short-term temporary work zones along Eglinton Avenue East between Leslie Street and Midland Avenue.
Drilling of boreholes to determine the existing condition of asphalt, soil, and rocks.
Monitoring Instrument Installation
Drilling of boreholes to install equipment that will provide information on the ground conditions during construction activities.
Subsurface Utility Investigations
Crews use a saw-cutter and hydro-vacuum truck to determine the location and quality of existing underground utility infrastructure, like duct banks, sewers, and water mains.
What to Expect
- Work will be conducted within sidewalks, boulevards and the roadway along Eglinton Avenue East.
- Short term lane closures and pedestrian detours may be necessary around each work zone.
- The work zone will shift as crews will move equipment and trucks from one borehole location to the next.
- As always, please take care when travelling near work sites.
- Periodically throughout spring and summer 2017.
- Work may occur between 7:00 a.m. and 11:00 p.m. seven days a week.
- Work may be rescheduled due to weather conditions or unforeseen circumstances