|What Work is Taking Place?
Starting as early as May 2017, crews will start support of excavation work, also known as shoring for the Brentcliffe Portal. Steel piles, as well as braces and tie-backs will be installed around the perimeter of the portal entrances to support excavation.
Shoring will be conducted in phases, within the existing work zone located on Eglinton Avenue East between Brentcliffe Road and Leslie Street. The first phase will take approximately twelve (12) weeks to complete. The entire shoring process will take approximately twenty-four (24) months to complete.
- Work is expected to start as early as May 2017, and is expected to last up to twelve (12) weeks.
- Work is permitted between the hours of 7:00 AM and 11:00 PM, 7 days a week. The contractor may not always work during the permitted hours, but may do so at its discretion.
- Occasional overnight work may be required. Metrolinx will notify the public in advance and monitor activities throughout.
- Work may be rescheduled due to weather conditions or unforeseen circumstances.
What to Expect
- Nearby residents and businesses can expect to hear trucks, excavators, backhoes, a pile drill and other construction equipment, and may experience dust from drilling activity and debris removal.
- Heavy truck traffic entering and exiting the work zone can be expected. In addition to construction activity, residents can expect to see equipment and material storage and movement within designated work zones.
Traffic & Pedestrian Details
- Existing traffic and pedestrian staging will remain in effect.
- A minimum of one lane of traffic in each direction between Brentcliffe Road and Leslie Street will be maintained.