Description: Are you tired of period cramps? Well, you can kiss them goodbye with a small dosage of CBD. Here is everything you need to know about using CBD for cramps. Most women suffer from period cramps every month, with a big majority not being able to go to work. Luckily, many women are embracing the use of cannabidiol for period cramps, with all of them testifying to experiencing reduced pain. Here is a comprehensive guide on how CBD relieves period cramps.
Tell any woman you’re on your periods, and they’ll give you a sympathetic ‘uugh’. Some women can hardly go to work for a few days of the month as a result of the pains. Even the women who have little or no menstrual pains suffer from some level of discomfort.
There are so many period cramps causes, starting from a poor diet to genetics. Fortunately, there are so many period cramps tips that you can use to be able to carry on with your schedule. In our case, we will teach you how to suppress the pain using CBD.
What is CBD Oil?
Before we get to the nitty-gritty of how CBD oil can help you with your period cramps, let’s explain what cannabidiol is.
CBD, also known as cannabinoid, is found in the marijuana or cannabis plant. You’re probably familiar with THC, another cannabinoid substance that causes the ‘highness’ in people when they use marijuana.
Throughout this article, keep in mind that cannabidiol isn’t similar to THC.
And NO, it won’t make you high.
How Does CBD Relieve Period Cramps?
Research shows that CBD has a direct effect on cramping causes. CBD blocks enzymes that facilitate the change of arachidonic acid to prostaglandins. High levels of prostaglandins cause more pain, but with low levels, you don’t experience any discomfort.
CBD also reduces menstrual discomfort by lowering the body’s inflammatory and pain responses. Inflammation and pain usually go hand-in-hand. It causes your pain and pressures your nerves, prompting them to send pain signals.
Using cannabidiol cramps soothes your inflammation in many ways, some of which include:
- Reducing the regulation of pro-inflammatory genes
- Suppressing the production of inflammation triggers such as cytokines
- Triggering anti-inflammatory responses
- Preventing your system to activate any inflammation triggers
There are other CBD benefits you enjoy by taking CBD when you have your period cramps. For example, it relieves other pain-related symptoms such as acne, insomnia, anxiety, headache, depression, muscle and joint pain, and gastrointestinal symptoms, just to mention a few.
What CBD is Best for Period Cramps?
Like any other dosage, cannabidiol for period cramps only works if used correctly. Luckily, there are so many CBD products you can use to get relief. Any medication that enters your bloodstream helps because it travels throughout the body. Here are some CBD products to consider easing the menstrual pains:
- Inhalation: Smoking, nebulizing, or vaporizing CBD offers fast relief in your entire body. You can use a CBD-heavy marijuana strain or CBD oil.
- CBD oil balm for menstrual cramps. You can ingest it on its own or add it to your food and experience its effects. It’s crucial to buy hemp-based CBD from a reliable seller. If you don’t have a dispensary option, make sure you get it from a recognized specialist.
- Edibles. CBD-infused drinks or food can take time before the impact is felt. However, it makes the medication process more pleasant. Their effects are also more long-lasting than inhaled medication.
- CBD patches for pain. They transport medicine into your system over an extended time. It provides less intense relief compared to other products. That said, you can tap its benefits for a prolonged period. It also delivers accurate dosage compared to other methods.
- Vaginal CBD suppositories. This is another effective way to deliver CBD. The vagina suppositories release the cannabidiol into your uterus and vagina, making them effective for relieving cramps. Since the CBD works on the affected areas first, you experience fast release from menstrual pain. The suppositories spread the cannabidiol into your bloodstream, which allows other body parts to enjoy the benefits.
Learning how to use CBD for period pain can make it more effective for you. Consider talking to your practitioner if you’re unsure of the best option for you. This will make your experience more pleasant.
Say Goodbye to Cramps
Genuinely speaking, period cramps can be very stressful. But you don’t have to miss work and lay on the sofa the whole time. By using CBD, you alleviate all the pain and calm your system down. You might even feel better than regular days.
If you’ve been using cannabidiol and you’re not experiencing any benefits, talk to your doctor about your dosage.
For more informative articles on CBD, visit our blog.
Author’s bio: Rae Hudson is a retired doctor who has taken an interest in the huge change the legalization of cannabidiol has caused in many states. She spends her time researching the science behind the health effects of CBD and shares with her followers through the blog.