TORONTO, Dec. 21, 2017 /PRNewswire/ – Peraso Technologies Inc., a leader in Wireless Gigabit (WiGig®) chipsets, today announced its slate of WiGig demonstrations, including wireless VR and gaming, and multi-vendor interoperability for a variety of innovative wireless applications at CES 2018, which runs January 9-12, 2018, in Las Vegas.
“Delivering multi-gigabit performance, near-zero latency and low interference not possible with traditional Wi-Fi to short-range, in-room and outdoor applications like VR/AR, smartphone-to-HDTV streaming, mobile cloud sync, super-fast public hotspots and 5G fixed wireless broadband, the market potential for WiGig and the 60 GHz band has always been clear and very compelling,” said Ron Glibbery, President and CEO at Peraso. “As we continue to be actively engaged with VR, consumer electronics and gaming companies around the world, we anticipate this CES to kickoff a breakthrough year for WiGig-enabled products and services.”
With ABI Research estimating that more than one billion WiGig chipsets will ship in 2021, the WiGig market is set to accelerate as it impacts everything from helping consumer electronic devices cut the cord, especially VR systems, to fixed wireless broadband. Named a CES 2018 Innovation Awards Honoree for its V125 Reference Design for Wireless Virtual Reality (VR) and Augmented Reality (AR), Peraso has centered its research and development on WiGig chipset designs that will impact the VR ecosystem through lower price points, longer battery life and smaller headsets.
Underscoring the market-readiness of the technology, CES attendees will be able to interact with the following WiGig-powered demos at Peraso’s demo suite:
- Wireless VR – a truly immersive VR gaming experience using a high-bandwidth, low-latency connection that untethers VR for freedom of movement
- Wireless Gaming – mirroring a game wirelessly from a laptop to an HDTV
- Outdoor Fixed Wireless – point-to-multipoint outdoor wireless access point with ranges of 1 km on the 60 GHz band
- 802.11ad vs 802.11ac – showcases the speed of WiGig in file transfers with a side-by-side comparison of the 5 GHz vs. 60 GHz bands
- Wireless Hard-Drive – back-up and access files wirelessly using WiGig with real-time connectivity from device to display
- 802.11ad Interop – multi-vendor 802.11ad access point interoperability
During CES 2018, Peraso will be located in the Tech East section in Westgate Hospitality Suite 1010. To arrange a private demonstration, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Peraso Technologies, Inc.
Peraso is a fabless semiconductor company headquartered in Toronto, Canada. The company is focused on the development of 60 GHz chipsets and solutions compliant with the IEEE 802.11ad specification. 60 GHz has been adopted for interoperability certification by the WiFi Alliance under the WiGig® brand. For more information, visit www.perasotech.com.
SOURCE Peraso Technologies Inc.