TORONTO, May 11, 2022 /CNW/ – Doing good is delicious! Today, McDonald’s Canada is proud to celebrate its 28th McHappy Day®, the company’s largest charitable initiative supporting Ronald McDonald House Charities® (RMHC®) and local children’s charities. Support from Canadians helps families stay close together, and close to the medical care they need – like the Stockford Family, who spent 71 nights at RMHC Southwestern Ontario while their daughter was in the neonatal intensive care unit (NICU).
McHappy Day is one of the most important days of the year – where franchisees, restaurant teams, crew and guests come together to support our communities and families, who are at the heart of who we are and what we do at McDonald’s Canada.
- Order your favourite menu items in-restaurant, at the Drive-Thru, through the McDonald’s app, and McDelivery® via Uber Eats, SkipTheDishes and DoorDash. McDelivery orders of $15 or more qualify for a $0 delivery fee (before taxes and fees; see the applicable app for details).
- Make a $2 donation to receive a McHappy Day Heart, while supplies last, that will come with a surprise “thank you” video from a variety of Canadian celebrities, athletes, or families that have stayed at RMHC.
- Purchase the limited-edition McDonald’s Canada x Peace Collective collection of tees, sweatshirts and more, featuring iconic McDonaldland® characters. A portion of the proceeds from every sale supports RMHC and families with sick children across Canada. Visit Peace-Collective.com.
- Can’t make it to McHappy Day? Guests can ‘Round up for RMHC’ on any order at participating restaurants to support RMHC all year long or visit rmhccanada.ca for more ways to support.
This year, McDonald’s Canada used the emotional power of music to connect Canadians and spread that joyful feeling from coast-to-coast-to-coast through partnerships with DJs from different communities across the country. DJs including DJ Starting from Scratch, DJ Clymaxxx and DJ Flatland Funk curated their very own cheerful music mixes. Check out the McHappy Day mixes on McDonald’s Canada Spotify.
“Supporting families in the community with sick children is one of the most important things McDonald’s does through its annual McHappy Day,” said Kerry Prober, Franchisee from St. Marys Ontario. “McHappy Day is the best day of the year that we always look forward to. More than ever, being able to give back and spread some joy is something I think we all really need during such challenging times.”
“The donations raised on McHappy Day are a large reason why we’re able to continue expanding our support for RMHC,” said Amit Kapoor, Franchisee from Winnipeg, Manitoba. “One family turned away, is one too many, so we are extraordinarily grateful to have been able to build another house in Winnipeg that is set to open in July to help even more families stay closer to their children.”
“We are not just a restaurant in a big city. We have a purpose to support communities big and small, and McHappy Day allows us to do that,” said Raj Bains, Franchisee from Saskatoon, Saskatchewan. “I feel truly blessed to have the opportunity to give back to children in our community every day, but especially on McHappy Day.”
“My amazing crew at McDonald’s and I are looking forward to supporting families right here in our community that rely on the services provided by RMHC through this year’s McHappy Day efforts,” said Reshmi Childs, Franchisee from Cranbrook and the Sunshine Coast, British Columbia. “Being in a small community like I am, you can really see the impact of our efforts and how enthusiastic people are to help one another on McHappy Day.”
– More –
- McHappy Day is McDonald’s Canada’s largest charity-driven program. Since its inception in 1977, McHappy Day has helped RMHC support more than 436,000 families across Canada.
- The 16 Ronald McDonald Houses and 17 Ronald McDonald Family Rooms in Canada give families a place to stay together when they have to travel for their sick child’s treatment.
- In an average year, RMHC supports over 26,000 families from more than 3,400 communities.
- Every day, McDonald’s Restaurants of Canada Limited, our independent franchisees, and guests, support Ronald McDonald House families by purchasing Happy Meals and RMHC Cookies, as well as through coin box and kiosk donations.
SOURCE McDonald’s Canada