|What Work is Taking Place?
To accommodate the construction of the Eglinton Crosstown LRT, Enbridge Gas Distribution (Enbridge) is required to relocate a gas line on Eglinton Avenue East (between Kennedy Road and Midland Avenue) and on Kennedy Road (between Treverton Drive and Eglinton Avenue East).
These pipelines are integral to Enbridge’s gas system and must be re-routed to ensure the safe and reliable delivery of natural gas to customers in the Greater Toronto Area.
- Work will start at the end of June 2017 and will last for approximately seven weeks.
- Work will occur between 7:00 a.m. and 5:30 p.m., Monday to Friday.
- Work could be rescheduled due to weather conditions or any unforeseen circumstances.
What to Expect
- Every effort will be made to minimize disruption.
- Residents and businesses near the work site can expect to hear noise caused by trucks, excavators, backhoes, and other construction equipment related to this work.
Traffic and Pedestrian Details
- During construction hours, lane reductions or short-term road closures may be required on Eglinton Avenue East between Kennedy Road and Midland Avenue. These roads will be reopened in the evening for local residents.
- Please take care when travelling near construction areas. Watch for additional signs directing pedestrians as detours may be required.
- Due to the current volume of traffic in this area, traffic delays are expected during construction.
- Property access will be maintained.
- Sidewalk access in the area could be affected. Please watch for signage directing pedestrian traffic.