2016-17 Awards for Safe and Accepting Schools
Ontario is recognizing 10 schools across the province through the Premier’s Awards for Accepting Schools.
These awards are given annually to recognize teams of students, educators and parents for creativity and leadership in creating positive school environments, and supporting student achievement and well-being.
The Safe and Accepting Schools Teams in the following schools are the recipients of the 2016-17 Premier’s awards:
- Black River Public School – Sutton
- Chinguacousy Secondary School – Brampton
- Collège catholique Mer Bleue – Orléans
- Dundas Valley Secondary School – Hamilton
- Eganville and District Public School – Eganville
- Francis Libermann Catholic Secondary School – Scarborough
- Guildwood Junior Public School – Scarborough
- Kingswood Drive Public School – Brampton
- Kirkland Lake District Composite School – Kirkland Lake
- St. Mary Catholic Secondary School – Pickering
Supporting safe and accepting learning environments where students can reach their full potential is part of our plan to create jobs, grow our economy and help people in their everyday lives.